It’s no secret that being human comes with complications and serious shit majority of the time. Regardless of how old or young you are, mature or immature, wise or missing a few screws, we all struggle with things that often prevent us from progressing in the way that we should. Below I listed five major things that most people struggle with.
- Walking away from people or things. This one is massive in todays youth simply because walking away is hard. I struggle with this personally regardless of what it is that I need to walk away from, I hesitate or question my decision. The different instances in which most struggle with I have listed below (read what applies to you).
- Walking away from a relationship– This sucks for the simple fact you’ve invested so much time into building and getting to know a person and ultimately working towards being together. However just because you’ve spend a year or six months trying to figure out someone, does not require you to spend the rest of your days crying in the bathroom. Whenever a significant other makes you feel small or insignificant then it is time to do some evaluating. If a situation is toxic and no longer produce good results then it is time to walk away. Con’s and pro’s list (we all have one) should not define your relationship but if the con’s out weigh the good by far, ask yourself, “is this healthy?” Put yourself first in order to achieve best results. These results may not stem overnight but knowing that you value yourself enough becomes a bigger reward in the end.
- Walking away from a job– Who doesn’t love money?! However, working at a job you absolutely despite causes more harm than good. It is absolutely impossible to put your best foot forward when you don’t love what you are waking up every morning to do. Whether it is the environment, coworkers, or your manager no amount of pep talks can help you fake a smile. Do yourself a favor and leave. Find a new job and be serious about it. Finding a good environment to be in is crucial simply because it is healthy to be in. We all struggle with landing the jobs that we really want, but have you honestly tried? Check out my previous post with some helpful tips on how to land that job here.
- Walking away from a toxic friendship– It sucks when you realize the awful truth about a person whom you thought was your friend. After spending years or a few months revealing your most painful or embarrassing secrets, getting to know each other, and so fourth, it is sad when that person does not have your best interest at heart. We have all encountered that one “friend” who made you feel bad about yourself, embarrassed you, or simply isn’t there when you need them most. Ask yourself is this really worth the stress? A true friend adds to your life in more ways than one. Do not be afraid to evaluate the friendship and cut ties. A person like this usually won’t even notice when you distance yourself from them because of how self evolved they are. Be nice about it and never stoop to their level.
2. Being Happy. We always ask ourselves are we happy and more times than often the answer is no or maybe. What dictates happiness is often our shallowness and being hard on yourself. Just because you don’t own that Beemer yet does not mean you’re not happy. Ask yourself about the things you do have that you are grateful for. You may not have landed that dream job yet but you sure are on your way. Remind yourself of the opportunities you’ve been given and be happy. Happiness is not tangible and it should never be for the simple fact that anything tangible could be gone tomorrow.
3. Confidence. Every morning we wake up, look in the mirror and obsess over something about our bodies. STOP IT! Embrace the flaws you have or work on it. Stop comparing yourself to the Instagram model with one thousand likes because photoshop is a real thing. What makes you beautiful is confidence. Love yourself enough to know your worth and how beautiful you are.
4. Learning how to handle stress. Stress is inevitable. When one thing goes wrong we panic and drive ourselves further into the deep end. Regardless of how big or small your situation is, stressing will not help you. Sit down and evaluate the situation first. Next think of solutions that are available to you. Ladies stress causes wrinkles!!! At the end of the day adulting comes with responsibilities that doesn’t always go as smooth as we would like, but stressing will not make it go away; a clear mind does.
5. Change. Who likes change? Most likely no one does and that’s okay. What’s not okay is not excepting the things that changes. Life evolves everyday and due to that, comes change no matter how big or small. The best way to handle change is to embrace it. Think about how much change and growth has helped you blossom into the amazing person you are today. Would you want to be five years old forever? Maybe we’d say yes to the part of having no responsibilities but realistically speaking, No! Struggling with change is harder for some people and I understand it is always easier said than done, but change is good and opportunities need change in order to prosper.
Of the list of things that people struggle with daily, I believe the listed are the most often overlooked. All you can do is continue to live the life you were meant to live one day at a time.
I want to know what struggles you face daily and how you’ve made it work for you!